Casino Rebate – Refund

US Tax Recovery has made this process simple and straightforward. Our professionals take care of everything, so you can sit back and relax while you wait for your US casino tax recovery.

How long does it take to get my refund?

  • Refunds normally take between 4-6 months to process from the time you file.

Four Easy Steps

1When you first contact US Tax Recovery, we will answer any questions you might have. Once you request our services, we will provide you with a packet containing informed and comprehensive details about our company and the services we provide. This package also contains documents for you to complete to start the rebate process, contact information and additional resources for you to keep on file for future use.

2Upon receiving your winnings and paying your withholding taxes at the Casino or Gaming Facility, you were given a Win Slip or a Form 1042-S, Foreign Person’s US Source Income Subject to Withholding, which states the amount of tax paid on your gaming winnings. Simply provide US Tax Recovery with all your documentation regarding the withholding tax and your tax rebate application is underway. If you have lost or misplaced your Win Slip, US Tax Recovery can easily request a copy from the Casino or Gaming Facility where the tax was paid (step three). There is no additional cost for this service.

3Once we have your Win Slip, US Tax Recovery will submit an application, on your behalf, to the IRS. The application is submitted in order to obtain an IRS Individual Taxpayer Identification Number (ITIN). This process takes between 6 and 10 weeks. If you have already been issued an ITIN, US Tax Recovery will immediately proceed to Step 4, avoiding the 6 to 10 weeks processing time. Once you have been assigned an ITIN, it is yours to keep and reference for years to come, expediting the recovery of your gambling winnings tax in the future.

4Once your ITIN has been assigned, US Tax Recovery prepares and submits a Non-Resident Tax Refund on your behalf. Approximately 6 to 10 weeks after we submit this form, you will receive a refund, mailed to your home directly from the IRS. All you have to do is notify US Tax Recovery that you have received your refund and we will send you an invoice in the mail.