Do You Have any Query?
Frequently Asked Questiones
There are several possible ways to track and record your gambling losses:
- Casino player’s card
- Bank or ATM receipts showing withdrawals from your account
- Wagering tickets or slips
- Cheques and bank statements
- Statements issued by the gambling establishment showing your winnings or payments
If you play slots or similar games, the best way to track your losses is to use a Casino Player’s Card, which is inserted into the slot machine in lieu of coin or cash. These cards are issued by individual casinos, and will track your wins and losses at that casino over the course of the year. At the end of the year, the casino(s) you gambled at will mail you a copy of your win/loss statement, which will provide a summary of the amounts you’ve won and lost. If you are a poker player, make sure to keep the receipts of your buys during the course of any poker tournaments, and note the wins and losses you’ve made within the United States. Make sure to include the following information when recording your casino gambling losses:
- Date and type of gambling activity or wager placed
- Name and address of the establishment at which you were gambling
- Names of any other persons who accompanied you while you were gambling
- Amount you won or lost
You need to fulfill the following criteria to be eligible for a casino tax refund:
- You must have won gambling at a US casino in the last three (3) years.
- You must have not been a resident of the United States at the time of your win.
- You must have been issued a 1042-S form, or casino tax win slip, from the casino when you received your winnings.
- You must have the documents required to prove your identity, citizenship, and residency.
The IRS requires you to have the original copy of the following documents:
- Either a birth certificate or a valid driver’s license
- A current passport
These documents are necessary so that your ID can be notarized. The IRS will return these documents to you by registered mail.
APPLY NOW FOR FREE!
I WANT MY 30% BACK!
By applying for our service you make no obligation to deal with us. You will be provided with a quote once we receive all information pertaining to a refund.
You have the assurance that US Tax Recovery will not sell or disclose your information to third parties.